Ludagora Index du Forum Ludagora
Ludagora

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Une carte de l'Amérique
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Ludagora Index du Forum -> Vinci / De l'interface
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Attila

MessagePosté le: 28 Oct 2009, 10:00    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Sorry, Chrisjwmartin, I had seen your message and wanted to translate mine into English for you, but didn't do it on the spot and then forgot...
Actually, Orbis3 has quite well summed what I said.

I would only add that some other messages said that, on the map you presented, the Rockies would make too big a mountain block for game balance.
I think if the map was extended to Mexico and the Far North (or part of the West Indies, as Orbis suggests) this would help solve this problem, as well as give more room for "boat-going" (I don't know how the "Galères" are called in the English game) civilisations with more space around the Great Lakes and the Gulf of Mexico.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
chrisjwmartin
Le Ros-Bif

MessagePosté le: 30 Oct 2009, 14:06    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Orbis3 a écrit:
Anyway, I am a fan of new maps, always! But I find the USA map a bit of a hot mess, mostly because the state borders (and same for provincial borders in Canada) are so boring in the mid-west and central plains. I agree with a suggestion above that we try to look at something more primeval, like territories occupied by different Indian tribes perhaps, or bioregions... I would also suggest we include Canada and the Caribbean/Mesoamerica, maybe not everything, but just so we're not constrained by the straight US borders?

I see what you mean by "bioregions", but I thought that the idea of playing with US states was fun. Do all of the maps have to have wiggly borders? The states mean something to people and I think that that is a good thing.

Attila a écrit:
I would only add that some other messages said that, on the map you presented, the Rockies would make too big a mountain block for game balance.
I think if the map was extended to Mexico and the Far North (or part of the West Indies, as Orbis suggests) this would help solve this problem, as well as give more room for "boat-going" (I don't know how the "Galères" are called in the English game) civilisations with more space around the Great Lakes and the Gulf of Mexico.

Galères are more useful than they should be on the UK map; they would be less useful on the US map. Is that a terrible thing? It just means you should more often skip over civs with Galères in them. I agree with you on the Rockies though - this first map is based on geography, not on game balance! It maybe needs breaking up a bit.

Je ne parle pas français.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail Visiter le site web du posteur MSN Messenger
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Ludagora Index du Forum -> De l'interface Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
Page 2 sur 2

Sauter vers: